It’s The Antichrist!
I began my first in-depth study of The Apocalypse this week and I think I have some insights and revelations of my own, concerning the identity of the Antichrist and the Beast of Revelation 13. First, let me say that Dan (the guy to the left of Macaulay Culkin) is not the Beast, nor is his friend, Michael Jackson, the Antichrist. Of that, I'm relatively certain. However, I'm not so sure about this character, King Juan Carlos of Spain: You see, he's been fingered as the Man of Lawlessness by a number of "prophecy experts," most notably Chuck Missler and Jon Courson. As a supplement to my serious study in Revelation, I began listening to tapes by these erudite Bible teachers (so-called) in order to gain insight into the strategic trends, which are preparing the world to bow to the control of this spellbinding, power hungry, dynamic, world dictator. I found a tape of Jon Courson's Prophecy Update for 1993 and he made a number of predictions about the things to come. Among them:
- King Juan Carlos of Spain, King of Jerusalem, is probably the Antichrist
- The generation, which began with the settlement of Israel in the land, will see the second coming of Jesus to establish His millennial kingdom in September 1999 at the Feast of Trumpets -- then the millennium begins in 2000.
- Of course, you have to back up seven years for the Great Tribulation, so that means that the Rapture will occur sometime in 1993.
- The ten nations of the European Union represent the ten horns spoken of in Daniel and Revelation, even though there were 13 members in 1993 (he was able to pare that number down with some impressive mathematics). By the way, there are 26 nations in the EU now and more on the way.
- The year 2000 is the beginning of the millennium, but we don't have to rely only on the Bible for that fact, because all the new agers and rabbis from 300 AD onward said it would happen.
- Rabbi Schneerson (April 18, 1902 - June 12, 1994) was quoted by Courson as saying that he would live to see the establishment of Messiah's kingdom, the millennium, with his own eyes in his lifetime.